The following job vacancies are available at de Smit Medical.
If you are interested in working for de Smit Medical Systems, please read the job descriptions for further details on how to apply.
Title: Marketing Assistant
Responsible to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Based: de Smit Medical offices, Yate, Bristol
Role: Advise and assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with the delivery of company’s advertising and promotional activity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Advertising and promotion
- Advise/propose, design and produce draft content for the company’s marketing collateral including copy and graphics
- Assist with the production of appropriate product/company videos
- Create, manage and communicate an advertising and promotion calendar
- Manage bookings and deadlines for promotional activity including social media
- Advise, implement and manage the Company’s social media content, profile and activity
- Monitor and report on channel activity and success
- Propose and manage the company’s website content in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Manager ready for implementation by the IT specialist
- Manage the company’s exhibition programme
- Propose and implement company exhibition stand materials and manage the same
- Collation of exhibition leads ready for follow-up by the admin team
- On occasions, coordinate and assist with the setup of exhibition stands onsite
- Liaise with the company’s chosen graphic design and production company
- Provide updates and feedback at sales meetings
- Treat projects as confidential both internally and externally as directed
- Support departmental managers with design content as requested
- Advise/Propose and implement company document templates and coordinate and create standard documents as directed e.g. service plans
- To be respectful of all other members of the company in terms of communication and time management
- Spend time with the field sales team, attend exhibitions, join in with sales meetings as required
- Adopt a proactive approach to familiarisation and understanding of the company’s products and markets
- Audit all advertising and activity including social media for effectiveness and feedback on the same
- Implement market feedback and reports as directed and report on the same
- To ensure that company resources and assets are managed in an appropriate manner
- To ensure that all company procedures and standards are understood and followed
- The ability to create copy material
- Have a flair for graphic design
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Organised and methodical approach to workload and able to work to deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient at social media marketing
- The ability to stop away on occasions
- The ability to assimilate product information
- Willingness to learn and adopt a proactive approach to self-education
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
- Clean driving licence – have own car
- Ability to work in the UK
- Proficient with WordPress
- Experience of video production
Territory: North Thames & Northern Home counties
London (north of Thames), Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire
Territory: South Thames & South East
London (south Thames), Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and the Channel Islands
Location: Field based within the territory
Job title: Business Development Specialist, full time.
Salary: Competitive negotiable salary depending upon experience with London weighting and open-ended commission.
The positions require the use of a car and a generous car allowance and mileage allowance is offered.
de Smit Medical is a Bristol based distributor of innovative and market leading medical devices and consumables in the fields of urology, obstetrics & gynaecology, patient safety and medical test equipment. Our strategic plans to develop our product portfolio will provide further opportunities. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the successful applicant will be field based within the territory and join a talented and growing sales team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious sales professional to join a dynamic, young company that is rapidly gaining a reputation for excellence and is a leader in its field. To meet the company’s growth plans, the successful candidate will consolidate our existing client base and maximise on an exciting growth potential.
Experience and qualifications:
- Located on territory
- Qualified to a minimum of A-level standard or equivalent
- Proven track record within medical device sales an advantage
- Experience of Primary and Secondary Care markets and advantage
- Applicants with no experience but a strong clinical or medical technical background with an aptitude for sales will also be considered
- Winning mentality and a desire to succeed
- Tenacious, self-motivated and a willingness to learn
- Professional appearance and an excellent communicator
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
de Smit Medical is a quality company and is accredited to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 22301:2012 and ISO 13485:2016.
To apply in the first instance, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and job reference.