Brexit Planning UpdateBecky Chamberlain
de Smit Medical take the potential implications of Brexit very seriously and as such have planned accordingly:
- We have increased the capacity of our warehousing facility.
- We have increased our stockholding of all products in order to satisfy potential demand.
- We have increased our stockholding of spare parts in order to satisfy potential demand.
- All sales and service parts and servicing are held and carried out at our offices in Bristol.
- The BioCon range of bladder scanners are produced in South Korea and are shipped to us by airfreight direct to Heathrow airport. The UK has signed a trade agreement with South Korea which should minimise any negative effects to supply when Brexit eventually happens.
- We allow extra time for deliveries into the UK and place orders with our suppliers sooner than normal to minimise the risk of delays.
- Our suppliers are supporting us to minimise any negative effects of currency fluctuations.