Business as usual
With regards to the business impact, de Smit Medical is constantly evaluating the situation with the majority of our business activities unaffected. These activities include:
- receiving and processing of orders, with stock available to fulfil this and delivery times unaffected.
- repairs and servicing of equipment.
- providing support via phone and email.
- creation of a virtual bladder scanner training pack.
We are working closely with trusts and tailoring our activities to suit a rapidly changing environment, including innovative ways to deliver our services.
de Smit Medical have taken the following measures to ensure that our business activities will continue as far as possible:
- In accordance with Government guidelines on surface contamination during the Covid-19 outbreak, there will regrettably be a 24 hour quarantine period on all products returned to de Smit medical for inspection, maintenance and repair.
- The creation of an internal response team has been established to guide our preparations and continuously monitor the situation globally
- Minimising the risk of infection for all members of staff to ensure that the company can operate optimally, including following the gov.uk guidelines to reduce the chances of infection and the spread of the virus
- Ensuring business continuity even when certain employees are working from home
- Deferring all non-essential international and UK travel
- Complying with the NHS request for restricted access to sites and only agreed and required visits to customers including no cold-calling
- Reviewing how we handle our waste
- Maximising the use of Microsoft Teams/video conferencing
- Adhering to individual trust and healthcare provider policies
- All staff handling equipment received from organisations, suppliers and individuals will wear gloves and immediately decontaminate
- All organisations/employees sending in repair equipment to us are requested to adhere to medical device guidelines that require this equipment to be accompanied with a signed decontamination certificate.
These measures will be reviewed on a weekly basis in line with Government guidelines.