Our statement on being a carbon neutral company.
At de Smit Medical we understand and accept our responsibility towards protecting the environment we belong to and endeavour to build a business that is sustainable and makes a positive contribution to our local community.
We are proudly carbon neutral at de Smit Medical, we are passionate about helping to create lasting change. This means we help to support environmental projects around the world, as well as being conscious of our own carbon footprint within the business. We are committed in minimising the impact of our activities on the environment. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of vehicles and the source of its power requirement.
• Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
• Continue to strive towards Carbon Zero status after already achieving Carbon Neutral during 2022, in particular to achieve the NHS zero targets by 2045.
Find our latest Carbon Neutral Certificate here.
You can find out more about what Carbon Britain do here.
is the driving force of carbon neutrality at de Smit Medical.
'Reducing our carbon footprint is very dear to my heart as it's so important that we all - companies and individuals - do our best to make a difference. Most of us have children and grandchildren who will be left with the effects of the climate crisis that previous generations have caused. In my opinion, it's still not too late for us to improve. As part of our efforts as a company to work towards net zero, we are looking to install solar panels to our premises.'