The NeuroTrac Continence stimulator is a home use, dual channel neuromuscular stimulation device to help retrain your pelvic floor. The use of mild electrical stimulation can greatly improve the effectiveness of your pelvic floor exercises, particularly if you need help to contract the muscles yourself. Electrical pulses are able to activate the muscles and produce a contraction providing a targeted, efficient workout that builds strength quickly.
With regular use, it provides a drug free and affordable way to prevent stress, urge or mixed incontinence from the comfort of your own home.
Used with either a vaginal or anal probe it treats both urinary and faecal incontinence, making it suitable for men and women. It can also be used with skin electrodes placed near to the pelvic floor muscles. Please note the probe/electrodes are not included; see important information below.
The NeuroTrac Continence is easy to use, compact, light and reliable, and with its nine built in programmes it provides a choice of treatment options. Three customisable constant-mode programmes enable you or your clinician to tailor the training to your specific needs. The unit can be locked allowing your clinician to review your progress at your next appointment. It provides a level delivery throughout the programme, the muscles are stimulated at a constant hertz or strength.
The NeuroTrac Continence has two channels which can be controlled independently, meaning you can use both a vaginal and anal probe at the same time, if required, to combat both urinary and faecal incontinence.
- Dual channel: individually isolated circuits.
- Amplitude: 0 – 90 mA into 500 Ohm load; indication only. Actual mA will tend to be less than indicated due to electrode impedance: at 1000 Ohms load (electrodes in poor condition) the maximum will be limited to 70 mA, at 1500 Ohms load the maximum will be limited to 65 mA.
- Type: constant current, maximum output voltage 180 Volts +10 / -30 Volts
- Waveform: asymmetrical, rectangular bi-phasic with zero DC current.
- Selectable pulse width: 50 μS – 450 μS [2% accuracy].
- Pulse rate selection: in the continuous mode 2 Hz – 100 Hz [2% accuracy].
- Time duration of the treatment selectable: 1 minute to 90 minutes.
- Low battery indicator; if the battery goes below 6.9 volts +/- 0.2 volts the battery symbol will flash on/off once every second.
- Open electrode detect; if an open circuit is detected at the output of channel A or B the output current will be reset at zero.
- Ramp up time 0.3 – 9.9 seconds.
- If the battery voltage is below 6.6 (+/- 0.2) volts the unit will not turn on.
- 108 x 62 x 23 mm
- 0.07KG without battery
- 0.1KG with battery
Environmental conditions for use:
- +10 to +30 degrees centigrade. 0-90% humidity.
Environmental conditions for storage & transport:
- 10 to +50 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
- NeuroTrac Continence Stimulator, 9v battery, lead wire x2, operator’s manual, quick start instructions, carry case
- Programme : P01 PAIN RELIEF
- Programme : P02 URGE
- Programme : P03 STRESS 1
- Programme : P04 STRESS 2
- Programme : P05 FREQ/URGE 1
- Programme : P06 FREQ/URGE 2
- Programme : P07 LACK OF SENSITIVITY [25 MIN]
- Programme : P08 PELVIC FLOOR WORK OUT [60 MIN]
- Programme : P09 BUILDING UP ENDURANCE
- CUSTOMISED : PC1,PC2, PC3
- 9v battery – please use 9 volt alkaline battery size: PP3. If using rechargeable 9 volt battery, be sure to use nickel metal hydride type batteries. We do not advise the use of Ni-Cad rechargeable batteries.
de Smit Medical offer Pelvic Floor and Bladder & Bowel training courses carried out by Julia Herbert, Grad.Dip.Phys, MSc. MCSP, Specialist Continence Physiotherapist and Trustee of the Bladder and Bowel Foundation.
All training courses are held at our dedicated training facility at our Headquarters in Bristol, UK.
For training course dates, pricing and further information, please visit our online shop.