The NeuroTrac TENS machine is a small battery operated unit to provide a non-invasive, drug free method of controlling acute and principally long term intractable pain. It can also be used as an adjunctive treatment in the management of post surgical traumatic pain problems. In TENS, mild electrical impulses are transmuted through the skin via surface electrodes to modify the body’s pain perception.
TENS will not work for every user and it does not cure problematic physiological conditions; it only helps to control the pain perception.
However physiotherapists and doctors throughout the world prescribe TENS extensively and it is generally seen to work for the majority of users. There are millions of small nerve fibres throughout the body and it only requires a few impulses to produce chronic pain. In addition to small fibres, which allow the sensation of pain to be felt, the body is also made up of larger diameter nerve fibres. These larger nerve fibres transmit less unpleasant sensations such as touch or warmth, assisting us to form an impression of our environment. Stimulating the larger nerve fibres using TENS may have the effect of inhibiting the transmission of pain along the smaller nerve fibres to the spinal cord (known as the ‘Pain Gate Theory’).
- Suitable for all types of pain relief
- Digital Dual Channel
- 12 built in programmes for ease of use
- 2 customisable constant mode programmes
- Ability to lock the unit
- Records time in use and average current
- User friendly
- Compact, light and reliable
Three different treatment modes provide maximum flexibility for pain relief.
Conventional TENS/normal mode
This mode enables the user to select any rate between 2 Hz – 200 Hz and a pulse width between 50 µS – 300 µS. This is the most frequently used of the three modes. The most common selection is 80 Hz with a 200 µS pulse width.
This mode is comparable to the low rate TENS technique except that each low rate pulse is substituted for by a short BURST of 9 pulses (200 µS) at 150 Hz. It is a combination of conventional and low rate TENS. The burst mode is often referred to as acupuncture like TENS.
This mode is designed to help prevent nerve accommodation that some patient’s experience. It is achieved by continuously cycling the pulse width and rate.
- Dual Channel Digital TENS Unit
- 12 Built in programmes including Burst, Modulated and Conventional TENS programmes
- 2 Customisable constant mode programmes
- LCD displays Intensity, Rate, Pulse Width, Time and programme Mode
- Time setting 4 hours for built in programmes or up to 12 hours for custom programmes
- Constant Current (extends battery life)
- Range: Rate: 2 Hz – 200 Hz, Pulse Width: 50 µS to 300 µS
- Lock mode function for recording time in use and locking the units parameters
- Automatic switch off after 4 minutes if unit is not in use
- User friendly
Physical dimensions: 119.2 x 69 x 28.7 mm
Weight: 0.07KG without battery, 0.1KG with battery.
Environmental Conditions for use:
+10 to +30 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
Environmental conditions for storage & transport:
-10 to +50 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
- 9v Battery – Please use 9 Volt alkaline battery size: PP3. If using rechargeable 9 Volt battery, be sure to use Nickel Metal Hydride type batteries. We do not advise the use of Ni-Cad rechargeable batteries