The CUBEScan BioCon-700 is a compact, portable 3D ultrasound bladder scanner, providing quick and safe measurements of bladder volume and post-void urinary retention.
The BioCon-700 automatic bladder scanner delivers accurate bladder volume results only, within seconds. More robust than ever, reliable and simple to use, the BioCon-700 bladder scanner is suitable for use on the ward or in the community, on adults and on children. New enhanced features have taken bladder scanning to a new level.
- Locate the bladder prior to taking a reading with the Pre-Scan live view, for accuracy, reliability and consistency of readings
- Upload data to EPR via HL7
- NEW pointing function to help locate the bladder *
- Exceptionally low whole life costs with no routine annual calibration required
- Trolley option available for hospital use and carry case option for community use for protection and convenience. One of these options is recommended.
- Advanced 3D probe technology eliminates the need to reposition the probe to obtain results, making it appropriate for all levels of user
- Automatic calculation of bladder volume only – no unnecessary extra parameters
- Large 7” comprehensive display for clarity of readings
- Small, light and portable, carry case available for transport
- NEW improved robust construction for reliable performance
- Maximum volume captured retained throughout multiple readings
- Intuitive touch screen operation for simplicity of use
- Adult and child settings for use in all clinical settings – a complete solution
- NEW scan depth indicator in child mode confirms complete bladder capture
- Save readings for storage, PC transfer and audit
- Data is password protected
- NEW self-diagnostic check for quality assurance
* The bladder point function may not show the bladder in 100% of cases
de Smit Medical has been the exclusive UK distributor for MCube for over ten years. They have developed many technological firsts in the industry of bladder scanning since our partnership began.
MCube are the inventors of Pre-Scan, the function used to identify the bladder before scanning – this has now been adopted as industry standard
Bladderpoint auto correction function assists all users in locating the bladder
Child scan depth marker helps the user confirm complete bladder capture
Upload patient data and readings to your electronic patient record with XML/JPG/PDF or HL7
Using a bladder scanner to help reduce unnecessary urinary catheterisations has several benefits
- Improve quality of patient care
- Reduce unnecessary catheterisation (and thus HCAI rates from UTI’s)
- Save staff time and increase job satisfaction
- Save total expenses
- Enhance good reputation
- Preserve patient’s dignity
- Reduce patient’s pain and discomfort
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce overall cost of care
||– Diagnose urinary retention and evaluate many common urological
– Prevent unnecessary catheterisation
– Reduce rates of urinary tract infection
– Monitor post-operative recovery
– Screen differentiate types of incontinence to determine appropriate
– Help caregivers manage and treat incontinence
– Reduce costs and save staff time
||Reduce the number of CBCT scans
Comply with IR(ME)R by enabling a reduction in dose from repeat CBCT scans and
potentially improve workflow
Improve consistency of bladder volume
Accurately treat PTV throughout the course of treatment
Improve the patient’s experience
Reduce discomfort from holding large volumes and reduce patient anxiety
Please contact de Smit Medical Systems Ltd for further information about the BioCon-700-S, including;
- Full product information/specification
- Arranging a demonstration/evaluation
- Pricing details
- How to place an order
Call +44 (0)845 345 4226, or email us via our contact form.
The BioCon-700 bladder scanner is also available on the NHS Supply Chain framework. For enquiries contact email@example.com.
|Dimensions||13cm (H) x 26cm (W) x 6.6cm (D)
1.3kg including probe
|Display||Colour touch screen
7” TFT – LCD
|Range/mode||Bladder volume 0 – 999ml
Accuracy +/- 15% or 15ml *1
|Integral thermal printer (57mm)
Internal memory – 40 scans
External memory – 1400 scans
Data transfer to EPR via HL7 USB connection.
|Power||3V Li-ion battery (integral)
Capacity – 2400 scans *2
Fully recharge – 6 hours
Input – AC 100 – 240v ~, 50 – 60Hz
Output – 3.33A, 9v DC power adaptor
|Probe head||3D sector scan
B-mode scan image
Scan angle – 120o
Scan depth: Adult – 18cm, Child – 8cm
*1 According to the scanning instruction and scanning on Mcube Technology Tissue-Equivalent Bladder Phantom
*2 For a new battery module fully charged. Tested on Mcube Technology’s test conditions
Since taking on the BioCon-700 units a year ago we have seen a considerable decrease in failure of bladder scanners. The units have been far more reliable than other manufacturers products we have used in the past. I would recommend this product to any potential users as an inexpensive, reliable product with excellent service and support.
Locala CIC has over the past twelve months, replaced its aged bladder scanners with the CUBEscan BioCon-700 supplied by de Smit Medical. As a specialist continence team we have been very impressed with the functionality, portability and value for money of our new equipment. We have benefited from excellent after sales service and educational support, which has included both our in-house and external educational programmes.
Having dealt with many suppliers of products for the disabled this is the only company I have dealt with where their concern for the patient was obviously the most important matter. Lyn was understanding, informative and did everything she could to help us solve our problem. This was followed by an immediate delivery the following day and follow-up calls to ensure we were managing the issue OK. Other companies in this field would do well to learn from Lyn and her team. Thank you
I would like to thank de Smit Medical for your help and support in the standardising of bladder scanners in Southern Health, as I am sure you can understand this was a substantial undertaking by the Trust with the purchase of 17 units and counting. From Tender to post purchase support you and your team have been wonderful in providing the information we required and the support and training to our staff. The Trust chose to select BioCon-700 bladder scanners not only for the quality and costing of the product but also for the customer support. The Trust has always found your support first class and 100% patient focused in supporting our trust to deliver high quality clinical care. Your company has a can do attitude and is aware of the challenges facing healthcare professionals today. The Trust has great respect for your trainers, especial Ray, who has really helped support the products and our staff’s competency in their use. Your support has been invaluable and has led to greater benefits being realised.