- Roll over image to zoom in
- Roll over image to zoom in
- Roll over image to zoom in
- Roll over image to zoom in
Contrelle Activgard Starter Pack
£10.50 [ £8.75 + VAT ]Ex Tax: £8.75
Product Code: CONTRELLE(SP)
VAT Exemption: This product is eligible for VAT Exemption. Simply complete the "VAT Exempt" form during checkout (Step 5) and VAT will automatically be deducted.
Order before 3pm for same working day dispatch. Choose First Class delivery at checkout for next working day delivery (excludes weekends and bank holidays). Valid for Mainland UK delivery addresses only.
The Contrelle® Activgard Starter Pack is designed to help users to establish which size suits them best. This pack contains Activgard size 1, 2 and 3 and an applicator.
By helping the pelvic floor to support the bladder, the Contrelle Activguard provides a simple and discreet solution to the problem of stress incontinence in women. Inserted into the vagina, similar to a tampon, it supports the bladder neck to reduce or prevent the loss of urine.
Contrelle Activgard is a brand new approach to solving the problem of stress incontinence. The main cause of the problem is that the floor of the pelvis has weakened, often because of childbirth, changes during menopause or other factors inherent in the ageing process. When the pelvic floor slackens in this way, the bladder falls slightly and the angle of the bladder neck changes. The result is that the associated musculature is no longer under full voluntary control during sudden stress, such as sneezing or coughing. The shape of Contrelle Activgard is such that, when placed in the vagina, it lifts the bladder slightly, thereby correcting the angle of the bladder neck and preventing or reducing loss of urine, even during exertion. Just as important, you can urinate normally, without having to remove the Activgard.
The Contrelle ® Activgard is available in three sizes and you should experiment to find out which size suits you best. If you are not sure which size is for you, the Starter Pack provides one of each size to try before purchasing a full pack. The Pack of 30 Activguard contains one reusable applicator, if you would like a spare applicator they are available to purchase as well, click here.
- For stress incontinence
- Easy to use
- Can be worn for up to 16 hours, shorter time during menstruation
- 80% reported improvement
- 35% became completely continent
- No noticeable side-effects
- Invisible and discreet
- Reinforces pelvic floor training
Contrelle Activgard works actively, rather than passively. The material is soft, moulded foam plastic. When it is folded double before insertion, its elasticity will make it unfold inside the vagina. This gives a gentle support that lifts the bladder at the same time as adapting perfectly to the movements of the body. The outer surfaces of the Activgard are specially shaped to fit snugly against the bladder neck and rectum – so it is very important that it is placed correctly in the vagina.
Easy to use - Contrelle Activgard is just as easy to use as a tampon. It cannot be felt or seen. When saturated with water before use, the Activgard does not absorb the natural moisture of the mucous membranes. Contrelle®Activgard is a simple concept that treats the problem rather than the symptoms.
A normal life again - By giving you regained control of your bladder, Contrelle Activgard allows you to lead a normal life once more. No longer do you need to live with the uncertainty of sudden and involuntary loss of urine, or put up with the inconvenience of absorbent pads or worry about odours.
Invisible and discreet - Contrelle Activgard is placed in the vagina and is just as invisible and discreet as a menstrual tampon. It can be used for up to 16 hours a day, without needing to be changed. Contrelle Activgard is a disposable product that is designed to be used once and then thrown away.
Normal toilet visits - Urination is performed normally – the Activgard does not need to be removed. Contrelle Activgard does not compress the urethra but supports the bladder neck, allowing natural control to return.
16 hours a day at the most, less in some cases - Contrelle Activgard can be used for up to 16 hours a day. It should be removed prior to sex and only used during pregnancy after consultation with a doctor. During menstruation, the Activgard should be changed every 4 – 6 hours and can be used in conjunction with external sanitary protection. Tampons should not be used together with the Activgard.
Pelvic floor training - Contrelle Activgard is not a substitute for training of the muscles of the pelvic floor. But it will reinforce that training – and be of great value in those cases where pelvic muscle training is not producing results.
Toxic Shock Syndrome is experienced very rarely. Of the few cases that have been recorded, half have been in women who use tampons. Most of them have been younger women who use tampons with extra absorbency. The Activgard is entirely non-absorbent when used correctly and saturated with water before use.
No change in pH or bacteriological conditions - Studies conducted in Denmark have shown no changes in pH values or natural bacteria. Nor was there any increased risk of vaginal or urinary infection, or irritation of mucous membranes. Insertion of the Activgard can be facilitated by the use of a vaginal cream and older patients may benefit from local hormone treatment.
Brief user instructions - Contrelle® Activgard is just as simple to use as a tampon.
- The Activgard must be saturated with normal, clean water.
- It is then stretched over the applicator by placing the string in the notch at the bottom and pulling the Activgard over the rounded top.
- The applicator and Activgard are then inserted into the vagina as far as the rings on the applicator.
- The string is then slipped out of the notch and the applicator removed and cleaned ready for use again.
- The Activgard is removed by pulling gently on the string.
- This product is eligible for VAT Exemption. Please complete the VAT Exempt Declaration form during checkout. VAT will automatically be deducted
- Starter Pack: Contrelle Activguard - one of each, size 1, 2 and 3, applicator stick, instructions
CE Approved: Yes
How To Use Contrelle
Contrelle Activgard is a well-documented appliance for women suffering from stress incontinence. That is, women who experience involuntary loss of urine when coughing, lifting and running.
Contrelle Activgard is available in 3 sizes. Try starting with the smallest and continue until you find the size that feels more comfortable. Remember, each Activgard can only be used once (up to 16 hours a day), but it should be changed every 4-6 hours during menstruation. It does not need to be used before urination. It is inserted with an applicator, which makes procedure clean and hygienic.
It is important that you relax and give yourself plenty of time when you insert the Activgard. If you are tense, the muscles in your vagina will be tense too.
1. Before you start, you should read the instructions carefully and have this leaflet close by so you can read it as you follow each step:
- Wash your hands before opening the package
- Soak the Activgard thoroughly under running cold water. Remember to squeeze it 9 or 10 times to make sure it is properly saturated – then it will not absorb moisture from the vagina
- When saturated, squeeze out any excess water
2. Put the Activgard on the applicator as follows:
- Put the string around the bottom end of the applicator, with the knot in the middle of the small hollow
- Pull the Activgard to the end of the applicator so its top rests in the depression in the middle of the inner surface of the Activgard
3. Adopt a comfortable position that makes it easy to insert the Activgard - a little lubricating jelly (available at any chemist or via your distributor) can make insertion easier. For menopausal women, the use of vaginal hormone cream can make it easier to use.
4. Hold the applicator by the rings and turn the Activgard so that its wings point towards the urethra and anus – not towards the thighs
- Part the labia with one hand and insert the Activgard until your fingers touch your body
- Ease the string off the applicator and withdraw it
- Wash the applicator carefully, ready for future use
5. Contrelle Activgard should now be comfortably in place in the vagina, just under the cervix with the wings pressing gently against the urethra and rectum. Please note that the Activgard will only work when it has been correctly positioned in the vagina.
6. To remove the Activgard, pull gently on the string. Do not flush it down the toilet, but dispose of with normal household waste.
- If you experience bleeding, irritation or any discomfort when using the Activgard, contact your doctor
- Do not use the Activgard if you are suffering from any infection in the vagina
- Consult your doctor about use during pregnancy
- The Activgard should be removed prior to intercourse
- Do not use anything other than the applicator to insert the Activgard
- Do not use Activgard for more than 16 hours
Consult your doctor if you feel no benefit from the Activgard or if you encounter difficulty in removing it.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below:
Customers will be offered the following delivery options at the Checkout:
|Delivery Address||Delivery Service||Estimated Delivery Time||Price|
|UK inc Channel Islands||Royal Mail - Second Class||3 - 5 Working Days||£3.30 inc VAT|
|UK inc Channel Islands||Royal Mail - Special Delivery||Next Day Guaranteed Delivery by 1pm||£9.00 inc VAT|
Delivery - UK & Channel Islands
- To ensure next working day delivery, orders must be received by post, telephone or email before 3pm
- Orders received on Friday before 3pm will be delivered next working day (Monday)
- Any orders placed after 3pm will not be processed until the next working day
- All special delivery orders must be signed for
To calculate the delivery cost, perform the following;
- Add your chosen goods to the shopping cart and click on "View Cart"
- Click on "Shopping Cart" > "View Cart"
- Select "Estimate Shipping & Taxes" and enter your shipping Country, Region, Post Code and click "Get Quotes"
- All available delivery options will be displayed on the screen including price and estimated delivery time
Please note that the overseas shipping costs are approximate and cannot be guaranteed. A tracking number can be provided on request.
All orders are delivered in plain and discreet packaging, so only you know the contents.
- All prices are displayed including VAT
- You may be entitled to claim exemption to VAT on certain products where stated
- To do this you must complete the VAT Exemption form during Step 5 of checkout. Otherwise you will be charged the current legislated VAT rate
- Our shopping cart calculates all costs. The total price displayed prior to the completion of your purchase includes; the cost of goods, handling, shipping and VAT where applicable
- For more details, please visit our Terms and Conditions page
For all NHS & Corporate purchasing, please contact us on 0845 3454226 or via our contact form.