NeuroTrac Obstetric TENS
£68.34 [ £56.95 + VAT ]Ex Tax: £56.95
Product Code: NLABT7
Rent this product: Did you know you can also rent this product? Click here for further details.
Order before 3pm for same working day dispatch. Choose First Class delivery at checkout for next working day delivery (excludes weekends and bank holidays). Valid for Mainland UK delivery addresses only.
Highly recommended by midwives, Neurotrac Obstetric TENS Machines are widely used during labour/childbirth in the UK. The Obstetric TENS machine offers you pain relief and boost mode in one comprehensive device. Obstetric TENS offers a background level of pain relief to which other pain relief methods can be added.
- Dual channel, simple and non-invasive method to decrease pelvic pain when in labour.
- Use the remote switch button to trigger Boost and Burst modes:
- BOOST - High frequency programme to trigger pain gate mechanism, to be used during labour contractions.
- BURST - Used in between of labour contractions.
- Suitable for Obstetrics and Labour pain relief
- Digital Dual Channel Obstetrics TENS unit
- 1 Dedicated Labour Pain programme for ease of use
- Remote Boost switch for additional pain control at times of intense pain
- No known side effects for mother or baby
- For use during labour
- User friendly
- Compact, light and reliable
- Drug free
- Complete with surface electrodes, battery and boxed
The Obstetric TENS Stimulator uses four long skin electrodes on the skin close to the spine and connected to the device via lead wires. The stimulation intensity is adjusted until a mild tingling sensation is felt. The NeuroTrac™ Obstetric TENS unit has a hand held push button control to change the stimulation mode from LOW frequency burst to HIGH frequency stimulation. The low frequency is used during rest periods [Between contractions]. As soon as labour contraction is felt strongly the mode is changed to high frequency stimulation, once the contractions have subsided the mode is reverted back to low frequency burst mode stimulation.
Clinical evidence suggests that to achieve the best pain relief, the stimulator should be used from the first onset of labour pain and for two to three hours after birth. If it is found that insufficient pain relief is achieved with the obstetric TENS unit then, improved relief can be achieved by using smaller amounts of alternative analgesia to compliment the TENS unit.
From existing evidence, Obstetric Tens units can be an effective technique for pain control in over 80% of births with no side effects.
- This product is eligible for VAT Exemption. Please complete the VAT Exempt Declaration form during checkout and VAT will automatically be deducted.
- This product comes complete with lead wires and battery but you will need to purchase the probe or electrodes suitable for your specific requirements. Your clinician can recommend the correct probe for you.
- This product is NOT for sale outside of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
- Dual channel: individually isolated circuits.
- Amplitude: 0-80 mA into 500 Ohm load ; indication only. Actual mA will tend to be less than indicated due to electrode impedance: at 1000 Ohms load (Electrodes in poor condition) the maximum will be limited to 70 mA, at 1500 Ohms load the maximum will be limited to 65 mA.
- Type: Constant Current, maximum output voltage 180 Volts +10 / -30 Volts.
- Waveform: Asymmetrical, rectangular bi-phasic with zero DC current.
- Pulse width: 220μS [2% accuracy].
- Pulse Rate: 90Hz (Continuous mode) [2% accuracy].
- Mode: Continuous (Boost mode).
- Burst mode: Bursts of 9 pulses [200 μS] at 150 Hz, repeating twice every second (Rest mode).
- Ramp up Time: 0.8 seconds from Rest to Boost.
- Time duration: continuous until switched off.
- Low Battery Indicator: If the battery goes below 6.9 volts +/- 0.2 volts the battery symbol will flash on/off once every second.
- If the battery voltage is below 6.6 (+/- 0.2) volts the unit will not turn on.
- Open Electrode Detect: If an open circuit is detected at the output of channel A or B the output current will be reset at zero.
- 108 x 62 x 23 mm.
- 0.09KG without battery
- 0.14KG with battery
Environmental Conditions for use:
- +10 to +30 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
Environmental conditions for storage & transport:
- -10 to +50 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
Contents: NeuroTrac Obstetric TENS Machine, 9v Battery, 1 x Lead Wire, 1 x Reference Wire, 4 x Surface Electrodes, Operators Manual, Quick Start Instructions, Carry Case
- 9v Battery - Please use 9 Volt alkaline battery size: PP3. If using rechargeable 9 Volt battery, be sure to use Nickel Metal Hydride type batteries. We do not advise the use of Ni-Cad rechargeable batteries
Click here to download our latest Electrical Stimulation and Biofeedback FAQ document, which also includes a troubleshooting guide for your NeuroTrac biofeedback/stimulation device.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below:
Customers will be offered the following delivery options at the Checkout:
|Delivery Address||Delivery Service||Estimated Delivery Time||Price|
|UK inc Channel Islands||Royal Mail - Second Class||3 - 5 Working Days||£3.30 inc VAT|
|UK inc Channel Islands||Royal Mail - Special Delivery||Next Day Guaranteed Delivery by 1pm||£9.00 inc VAT|
Delivery - UK & Channel Islands
- To ensure next working day delivery, orders must be received by post, telephone or email before 3pm
- Orders received on Friday before 3pm will be delivered next working day (Monday)
- Any orders placed after 3pm will not be processed until the next working day
- All special delivery orders must be signed for
To calculate the delivery cost, perform the following;
- Add your chosen goods to the shopping cart and click on "View Cart"
- Click on "Shopping Cart" > "View Cart"
- Select "Estimate Shipping & Taxes" and enter your shipping Country, Region, Post Code and click "Get Quotes"
- All available delivery options will be displayed on the screen including price and estimated delivery time
Please note that the overseas shipping costs are approximate and cannot be guaranteed. A tracking number can be provided on request.
All orders are delivered in plain and discreet packaging, so only you know the contents.
- All prices are displayed including VAT
- You may be entitled to claim exemption to VAT on certain products where stated
- To do this you must complete the VAT Exemption form during Step 5 of checkout. Otherwise you will be charged the current legislated VAT rate
- Our shopping cart calculates all costs. The total price displayed prior to the completion of your purchase includes; the cost of goods, handling, shipping and VAT where applicable
- For more details, please visit our Terms and Conditions page
For all NHS & Corporate purchasing, please contact us on 0845 3454226 or via our contact form.